Opened by rock pioneer Sam Phillips on January 3, 1950, and originally called Memphis Recording Service, some of the most legendary moments in rock history were recorded here. Today they still record here as a sort of living museum/recording studio/tourist attraction.
The cover of “The Complete Million Dollar Quartet” was shot inside the studio on December 4, 1956 when an impromptu jam session with Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash took place here.
Open daily from 10 AM to 6 PM
Tours are given at the bottom half of every hour from 10:30 AM through 5:30 PM.
Adult tour price is $12
Kids 5-11 years are free
(children under 5 are not permitted)
706 Union Ave
Memphis TN 38103