Former location –
This was THE place to play in New Orleans in the 70’s. Called “The Warehouse” because it was an old warehouse. It opened on January 30, 1970, with the Flock, Fleetwood Mac and the Grateful Dead. The Dead were arrested on opening weekend for drug possession. This would later be immortalized in their song “Truckin’.” On February 1, there was a “Bread for the Dead” concert to raise money for legal fees.
On December 12, 1970 Jim Morrison played his last concert with The Doors here before he left for Paris. He died on July 3rd of the next year.
The venue closed down for good with The Talking Heads performing there on closing night, September 10, 1982.The Warehouse was demolished in 1989.
1820 Tchoupitoulas St
New Orleans LA 70130