Former location –
Built in 1935, Pan-Pacific Auditorium was a landmark structure in the Fairfax District of Los Angeles. It was located nearby to both CBS Television City and the Farmers Market on the northeast corner of Third Street and Fairfax. The name comes from a proposed Pan Pacific exposition. The exposition never happened, but the name was still used.
The location was originally closed in 1972. In 1978, it was included in the National Register of Historic Places, On the evening of May 24, 1989, the Pan-Pacific Auditorium was destroyed by a fire, the smoke from the inferno was visible throughout Los Angeles.
The 100,000-square-foot building was used over time as a sports arena, as well as a setting for political events, car shows, circuses, conventions, and concerts. On April 18, 1962 Chubby Checker played here and on October 28 and 29, 1957, Elvis Presley played here on his first west coast concert tour before he was drafted into the Army.
The location is now known as the Pacific Recreation Center complete with one arch to honor the original structure.
7600 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90036