The stadium was built between 1922 and 1925 in the southeast corner of Golden Gate Park. It was named for Mary Kezar, who had left a large endowment for its construction.
The old, 59,000 seat stadium was demolished in 1989, and replaced with a modern, 10,000 seat stadium. Presently, the stadium is mostly used for high school football games but in the past such great acts as Led Zeppelin, The Tubes, The Grateful Dead, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Jefferson Starship, The Doobie Brothers and Tower of Power played here.
670 Kezar Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118